I am always in pursuit of the perfect pumpkin baked good. There is just something about a pumpkin treat baking in the oven that fills our house with the warmth and scents of fall. The abundance of pumpkins in the market makes it the perfect ingredient for fall baking. While there are plenty of pumpkin bread recipes, this one has the added benefit of using whole wheat flour, oil and Silk soy beverage. Thus, it is a great option for our dairy-free friends and family.
Pumpkin Pecan Bread
(adapted from DrinkSilk.ca)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup Silk soy vanilla milk
1 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
1. Beat sugar and oil in a large bowl, until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, until combined.
2. In a small bowl whisk together flours, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
3. Add flour mixture and Silk alternately to wet ingredients, ending with flour.
4. Stir in pumpkin, pecans and pepitas (pumpkin seeds).
5. Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes. The top will spring back and a tester inserted will come out clean.
This pumpkin loaf was easy to make and was delicious. It was an immediate favourite with my daughters. They have requested the next time I make mini-muffins…a great option for the lunch box and snack time. Making mini-muffins can easily be done, by simply using a mini muffin tin and baking the mini-muffins for 12-15 minutes.Disclosure – This post was generously sponsored by Silk, but the opinions are my own. For more information please visit DrinkSilk.ca.