Spring Paper Flowers for Kids to Make

by Jen on March 22, 2012 in craft,kids

We love to decorate our front door. There is something welcoming about a festive front door (in our opinions). So, when we were thinking about springtime we knew it was time for a changespring paper flowers for kids

You might remember last year’s spring door, egg carton flowers. This year we were inspired by our continuing love of making snowflakes. Over Christmas my daughters went a little paper snowflake crazy! Of course it was my youngest daughter who suggested we turn our paper snowflakes into spring paper flowers…brilliant.

Spring Paper Flowers

assorted origami papers – spring colours
scissors
glue stick
large piece of firm paper – bristol board
crayons
pom-poms
pipe cleaner
hole punch
1. Fold your origami paper as you would for making a paper snowflake…find the instructions here.
2. Cut the paper in any way your child chooses.

3. Unfold the paper to see the flower.

4. Using the glue stick, adhere the flowers to the large piece of paper to create a garden.

5. Use the crayons to draw on the stems, butterflies, etc.

6. Punch two holes in the top-centre of the board…this is where you will hang the piece.

7. Feed the pipe cleaner through the holes and wrap each end tightly, creating a hanging loop.

8. Embellish the picture however your child likes.

9. Hang on the front door with pride!

This piece of art makes me smile every time I open the door. My daughter beams with pride when she sees her creation. This activity is great for kids of all ages. The flowers can be as simple or complex as they like. The embellishments could include glitter, stickers, stamps, etc, etc.

Do you hang artwork on your front door? What is on your door these days?

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

jmommymom March 22, 2012 at 3:52 pm

I had to click on you linked-up post because I was drawn the the geometry of your flowers. Now I see you made them like snowflakes. What a neat spring craft.

KitchenCounterChronicles March 22, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Thanks, yes they are very geometric and fun to make! Thanks for stopping by.

Rebekah March 22, 2012 at 10:04 pm

So prettty! My daughter enjoyed cutting snowflakes, so I am glad to know there is a craft we can do just like it for Spring.

KitchenCounterChronicles March 22, 2012 at 10:18 pm

thanks rebekah!

Robyn... Pen Pals and Picture Books March 23, 2012 at 3:38 pm

They are fantastic! I love the symmetry- We do need something to brighten up our front door! I found you though your kids co-op link, you can find me over at http://www.penpalsandpicturebooks.com

KitchenCounterChronicles March 23, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Great! Have fun and thanks for stopping by…I’ll come by and check out your site. Cheers!

Cerys @ Rainy Day Mum March 23, 2012 at 6:03 pm

What a great idea. They would be so much fun to do. We have a glass front door but hadn’t thought of decorating our enterance hall.

Thank you for coming to play with the Kid’s co-op this week

JDaniel4's Mom March 24, 2012 at 7:24 am

What a lovely way to bring spring inside!

Kim @ The Educators Spin On It March 25, 2012 at 10:20 am

Thanks for sharing on the Afterschool Party. I love this idea and I know my daugther will love making it for our front door too. Afterschool fun here we come!

MiaB March 25, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Lovely!!! Great idea. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us here at Sharing Saturday. Hope to see you again next week.

Raising a Happy Child March 29, 2012 at 12:48 am

So pretty! I love looking at different flower art all over the web. Thanks for sharing with Afterschool!