Are you ready for a super simple and delicious dessert recipe? The perfect Valentine’s Day dessert, that anyone can make. We haven’t had a chance to make our beet puree coloured pink love cakes yet this year, I thought they might end up on the Valentine’s Day menu. That was before I came across pints of beautifully ripe raspberries and strawberries at the grocery store, the other day…I could not resist them. There is something so deliciously simple and cozy about stewing fruit. Fold in some whipped cream and you have a strawberry, raspberry fool.
Valentine’s Day Dessert – Strawberry Raspberry Fool
Last spring we made a lovely rhubarb fool and it was a HUGE hit with my kids. This time around we opted to use GayLea’s real whipped cream…you know the one in the super fun can. Who can resist having an extra spoonful of whipped cream? Certainly not my daughters. So, I knew that they would have a great time helping make this Valentine’s Day dessert…and I was right.
Strawberry Raspberry Fool
- 1 pint strawberries chopped
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- GayLea real whipped cream
- Combine strawberries, raspberries, maple syrup and water in a small pot and simmer for 20 minutes, until fruit is soft.
- Set fruit aside to completely cool.
- Layer fruit and whipped cream in a serving dish...enjoy.