Foodland Ontario – Peach & Mint Salsa
Another summer day, another amazing peach recipe. We love peaches in the summertime. Last week we popped our peaches on the grill and made a grilled peach with candied pecan salad
…yummy. This week we have turned our Foodland Ontario 2012 Calendar
to August and we’re ready to make a lovely peach and mint salsa. It is pretty clear why Foodland chose a peach dish for August…peaches are the fruit of August in Ontario.
Peach Mint Salsa
(adapted from Foodland Ontario)
2 ripe Ontario peaches, peeled and diced
half an Ontario sweet red pepper, diced
half a small hot chile pepper, diced
1 Ontario green onion, sliced thinly
1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
juice from 1 lime
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Peel and dice peaches and place in small bowl.
2. Add diced sweet red pepper to bowl.
3. Remove seeds and veins from chile pepper, dice and add to bowl.
4. Thinly slice green onion, add to bowl.
5. Add mint, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to bowl.
6. Let sit in bowl for an hour before serving or refrigerate overnight.
7. Serve over grilled pork chops, lamb chops or chicken.
My husband proclaimed this salsa to be “fantastic!”…thumbs up. We served our salsa with lamb chops and pork chops (I’m not a fan of lamb) and a side of barley with rice. We also grabbed some grape tomatoes and basil from our back garden, added some bocconcini cheese, olive oil and balsamic vinegar…a simple summer salad.
How are you eating peaches this summer? What fruit or vegetable is in season where you live?
If you liked this, you'll love these...