Parade Day Pot Roast
(adapted from All Recipes.com)
3 lb beef roast
1-1/2 cup baby carrots
1 yellow onion
2 celery stalks
3/4 cup beef stock
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp cornstarch (for gravy)
1. Cut potatoes, onions and celery into similar sized pieces…place in bottom of crock pot with carrots
2. Sprinkle with herbs, pour in stock and place roast on top of veggies
3. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
4. At the end of the allotted time, remove the roast and set aside to rest.
5. Transfer veggies to a baking dish
6. Pour liquid in the crock pot into a small pot and place over medium-high heat
7. Combine the cornstarch and about 2 tbsp water in a small bowl, whisk together until cornstarch is dissolved.
8. Pour the cornstarch liquid into the pot, with the liquid from the crock pot, whisking as you add it to avoid getting any lumps.
9. Bring to a boil, add more cornstarch if you want thicker gravy.
10. Slice the roast and enjoy.