Puppy Readiness – Handmade dog toy
The countdown is moving full steam ahead. Only 11 days until our puppy arrives. It’s amazing how quickly the time has passed by. We started our puppy readiness planning
way back in May! Our to-do list is ever growing. Although there are plenty of items on the long list, the item the girls and I couldn’t wait to check off was making our very own dog toy. We are always looking for ways to recycle and this toy fits the bill. We were inspired by this post on Pinterest
. Here is how we made our very own t-shirt braid toy.
T-shirt braided dog toy
1. Flatten t-shirt on the table.
2. Cut two 2″ strips from each t-shirt.
3. Cut along the side seam of the t-shirt, creating a strip and trimming it to 20″ in length.
4. Repeat with all 5 t-shirts.
5. Pile the strips, keeping them lined up at one end.
6. Tie a knot in one end of the pile.
7. Divide the strips into 3 sections and braid until there is about 5″ remaining at the other end.
8. Tie a knot in the open end and trim.
9. Your dog toy is done!
This was a great activity for the girls to complete on their own. The steps are simple to follow. My eldest daughter, Emm, loved braiding the t-shirt strips. I think we are going to end up with quite the selection of handmade dog toys! If you are looking for a great selection of other handmade dog toys, check out Creative Connections For Kids
great post for even more inspiration.
If you liked this, you'll love these...