Did you ever ride a Wump?
I am referring to the Wump that Mr. Gump rides in One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish of course! This was the first book that my youngest daughter read all by herself. I was amazed, seriously. So, when I asked her to take a look through the book and pick a creature that she wanted to make I was pleased when she landed on the seven hump Wump. Here’s how to make one of your own.
You will need
1. cut the egg carton down to one row of 6 bumps (yes, the Wump has 7 hump, ours has 6).
2. using construction paper draw and cut out the characters that ride on the humps, Mr. Gump, the boys and girls.
3. tape a toothpick to the backside of each character.
4. draw a face on the hump and decorate as you see fit. My daughter opted to put a feather on his head.
5. poke each characters’ toothpick into the top of each hump…embellish in any way your child chooses!
Okay, now that you have seen what my daughter came up, with why not check out what everyone else has been up to. Here are the blogs that are participating in this linky party with me.
Feel free to add a link to your own Dr.Seuss related activity.
If you liked this, you'll love these...