bunch of arugula
3 ripe peaches
2 tbsp fresh goat cheese
3 tbsp pecans, roughly chopped
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1/2 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash arugula and set aside in a large bowl.
2. Slice peaches in half and pop into two halves.
3. If the pit is not loose, remove the pit by scooping it out with a spoon.
4. Place the peaches, cut side down on an oiled grill.
5. Grill peaches for 2 minutes, then rotate 90 degrees and grill for another 2 minutes.
6. Remove from the grill, place on a cutting board and slice thinly.
7. Meanwhile, place pecans in a small skillet and roast over medium heat until toasted.
8. Add brown sugar to the pecans and toss until pecans are coated with melted sugar.
9. Remove pecans from the heat and spread on parchment lined plate…let cool.
10. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, honey, vinegar, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper.
11. Add peach slices and goat cheese to arugula.
12. Pour vinaigrette over arugula, peaches and cheese…toss until coated.
13. Sprinkle pecans over salad and serve.